YouTube Shorts have recently taken the world by storm, and for good reason.
According to YouTube, "Shorts" are a way to interact and connect with a brand-new audience on the platform by using your smartphone and the capabilities of the Shorts camera in the YouTube app.
Shorts are short-form videos up to 60 seconds long and help you catch the audience’s attention more quickly and easily.
In this guide, we’ll dive into how you can use YouTube Shorts to boost views on your channel and grow your audience.
Why Use YouTube Shorts?
With over 2 billion monthly active users, YouTube is one of the most powerful social media platforms out there. But with so much content being uploaded every day, it can be difficult to stand out and get the views and engagement you need to grow your channel. That’s where Shorts come in. By creating short, attention-grabbing videos, you can quickly catch the attention of viewers and encourage them to check out your channel and watch more of your content.
How to Create YouTube Shorts
Creating YouTube Shorts is simple and straightforward. All you need is a smartphone with the YouTube app installed. Here’s how to get started:
- Open the YouTube app on your smartphone.
- Tap the “+” icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Select “Create a Short.”
- Use the camera and editing tools to create your Short.
- Add a title, description, and hashtags to your Short.
- Publish your Short.
Tips for Creating Engaging YouTube Shorts
Creating a Short is one thing, but creating an engaging Short that captures viewers’ attention and encourages them to watch more of your content is another thing entirely. Here are some tips to help you create engaging Shorts:
- Keep it Short and Sweet: As the name suggests, Shorts are meant to be short-form videos. Keep your Shorts under 60 seconds to ensure they are easy to consume and share.
- Start with a Hook: Your Shorts need to grab viewers’ attention right from the start. Start with a hook or a question that piques their interest and encourages them to watch more.
- Use Captions and Text: Since Shorts are often watched without sound, it’s important to use captions and text overlays to convey your message and make your content more accessible.
- Add Music: Music can be a powerful tool for setting the tone and creating a mood in your Shorts. Use the built-in music library in the YouTube app to find the perfect soundtrack for your Short.
- Experiment with Different Formats: Shorts can be created in a variety of formats, including vertical, horizontal, and square. Experiment with different formats to find what works best for your content.
- Collaborate with Others: Collaborating with other creators can be a great way to reach a new audience and create engaging content. Consider teaming up with other creators to create Shorts together.
How to Promote Your YouTube Shorts?
Creating engaging Shorts is just the first step. To get the views and engagement you need to grow your channel, you’ll need to promote your Shorts. Here are some tips to help you promote your Shorts:
- Share on Social Media: Share your Shorts on other social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to reach a wider audience.
- Use Hashtags: Hashtags can help your Shorts get discovered by viewers who are interested in your content. Use relevant hashtags to help your Shorts get found.
- Cross-Promote Your Content: Use your Shorts to promote your other content on YouTube, such as your longer videos and playlists.
- Engage with Your Audience: Engage with viewers who comment on